Seeking 2 Male Acting Apprentices to Join 2018-2019 Company
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL is seeking 2 Male Acting Apprentices to join the 2018-2019 Intern & Apprentice Company, beginning September 4th, 2018.
This program is an immersive and comprehensive way to bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world and to provide additional training and experience to those individuals who are serious about careers as theatre professionals. Applicants must have a strong passion for theatre, a desire to learn more about professional theatre and an interest in being a part of a community of artists.
Compensation package includes:
• Free, furnished shared housing, including utiilities, cable, and internet.
• $120 weekly stipend.
• 25% discount at The Green Room Café & Bar.
• Two comp tickets to each FST production.
• Professional development, networking opportunities, and admission to FST classes & workshops.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Be able to commit to a 9 month program.
• Have appropriate academic and/or professional experience.
• Be able to relocate to Sarasota for the length of the internship.
To Apply Submit the following via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject FST 18-19 Intern Application:
• Completed application. https://www.floridastudiotheatre.org/sites/default/files/18_intern-apprentice_application.pdf
• Headshot or current jpg picture.
• Theatre Resume.
• Non-Theatre/Professional Resume.
• 3 Letters of Recommendation from professors or professional colleagues, on official letterhead, with their contact information.
• AUDITION - Please include a video audition via YouTube link. Make sure this video can be viewed by anyone with the direct link, so that all casting representatives may watch your audition. Prepare 2 contrasting contemporary monologues (from plays written in the last 20 years) with a total length of no more than 3 minutes. Actors who sing (not required) may prepare 2 contrasting 32 bar cuts of musical theatre or pop/rock with accompaniment that show range.
Florida Studio Theatre is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
September 4, 2018 - May 26, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to email@example.com