Actors/Singers/Musicians for Original Musical
EastLine Theatre is proud to announce auditions for Prospero (LIVE).
Prospero (LIVE) is an original musical adaptation of William Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” with Music and Lyrics by John Brautigam and Book by Daniel Higgins. To be set in a jazz hall from a bygone era, the show focuses on the exiled sorceress Prospero and her quest for revenge as she grapples with her daughter’s coming of age.
Directed by Daniel Higgins
Music Direction by John Brautigam
Stage Managed by Matthew Rosenberg
Performances will be held at EastLine Theatre, located at 2123 Wantagh Ave, Wantagh, NY August 4th to 19th
- Prospero - Female. soprano. African-American. Sorceress. Wants revenge. Sings with an elegant crunch. age 30-60.
- Ariel - Male. tenor. Bandleader, island spirit, Prospero’s trusted servant. Plays piano. age 20-40.
- Miranda - Female. soprano. African-American. Prospero’s daughter. age 18-25.
- Ferdinand - Male. tenor. Nervous Prince. Alonso’s lost son. age 18-25.
- Alonso - Male. bass. King of Naples. age 40-70.
- Gonzalo - Male. bass/baritone. Chief Advisor to the King. Plays guitar, Acoustic and Electric. age 40-70.
- Sebastian - Male. tenor. King Alonso’s brother. Plays mandolin. age 30-60.
- Antonio - Male. baritone. Prospero’s treacherous brother. Opportunist. Plays guitar. age 30-60.
- Francisco - Male or Female. minor lord and advisor to the King. Plays violin. age 25-70.
- Adrian - Male or Female. minor lord and advisor to the King. Plays cello. age 25-70
- Trinculo - Male. bass/baritone. The conscience. Plays trumpet. age 18-35.
- Stephano - Male. bass/baritone. “I floated to shore on a wine crate.” Plays trombone. age 18-35.
- Caliban - Male. bass. African-American. Swamp monster son of Sycorax. Reed 2. Plays Clarinet/Alto and Baritone Sax.
All actors should prepare 16-32 bars to sing at auditions.
- If the character you are auditioning for plays an instrument, accompany your audition song with that instrument. (piano, guitar, banjo, etc)
- If the character you are auditioning for plays an instrument that does not lend itself to vocal accompaniment (trumpet, clarinet, etc), then you should prepare 16-32 bars of instrumental music in addition to the 16-32 bars of singing.
NOTE: While it is preferred that auditioning actors play a character’s instrument where specified, the production welcomes any actor’s audition regardless of instrumental ability.
NOTE: While the role descriptions have clearly defined genders. We are open to people of any gender to audition for any of the above roles. (with the exception of Prospero, Miranda, Antonio, Ferdinand, and Alonso)
You can contact us at email@example.com to schedule an audition OR you can submit a video audition to ProsperoAuditions@gmail.com. With any video audition please submit: a resume, the parts you would like to be considered for, and the above requirements.
You can also email us at ProsperoAuditions@gmail.com with any questions regarding auditions or the production.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to ProsperoAuditions@gmail.com